Friday, January 29, 2016

BLING on the Holidays

This fortnight at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ it's time to "Bling on the Holidays" so we're making cards that feature jewels, gems, beads, sequins, pearls, glitter, stickles or pretty much anything sparkly. Sound like fun? Yep, we thought so too! Here's what we made this week:



Stephanie says, "This card features one of my favorite techniques I like to call *deconstructed bling".  The bling on my glittery holiday tree started as two pearl adhesive frame stickers that I've had in my stash forever (I'm pretty sure I won them in some prize package).  I started cutting the frames apart and decorating my tree with the bits and pieces until my entire tree was decked out in pearls.  I finished by scattering more pastel pearls in the snowy sky."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I've never met the sparkly embellishment I didn't love, so I've used a few different ones here: a (smallish) rhinestone frame that I cut apart to use like photo corners; a pearl brad; a glitter snowflake (you can't really tell from the pic, but it's glittery, honest!) and my all-time favorite candy-striped Glitter Thickers. It's not often you see this much bling in one place outside the Las Vegas city limits, lol! I used the current Retro Sketch (#199) for my layout."


Now it's your turn to grab your favorite shiny, sparkly or glittery thing(s) and link up your blingiest holiday creations and link them up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 9th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16:03.


4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love this challenge, I have oodles of bling favourite "precious" bling.

June Houck said...

A great excuse to use some of my SABLE sequins :)

Sybrina K said...

What a fun challenge! Love the way you've each incorporated bling in such different ways. :)

Lorraine said...

Great cards ladies! Love them all.