Friday, August 28, 2015

Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe

This fortnight, we're playing Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe, which is kind of like "Beach Blanket Bingo"... but Christmassy... and with a lot more embellishments! ;) We'd love for you to join us; all you have to do is pick a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) and create a lovely new holiday card featuring all three elements in that row. There are *lots* of possibilities, so let's get started!



Here's how we scored this week:


Stephanie says, "I went with the line straight across the top ... Santa, Bling & Stamping.  I stamped three different Tim Holtz Santas using a combination of Fired Brick, Festive Berry and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I added circles of bling to highlight the Santa face in each design.  The layout is this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch."


Lauren says, "I went with the center vertical column: Bling, Die Cuts, Snow, because... BLING!!! :) I've fulfilled those criteria with a rhinestone flourish, the use of a large Spellbinders' snowflake die, and a snowy-themed Anna Aspnes digital overlay printed on an inkjet transparency. I've used The Paper Players' PP259 sketch to guide my layout."


And now it's your turn! Link up your gorgeous Tic-Tac-Toe creations right here before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, September 9th. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:15:18.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your cards!! And I love tic tac toe challenges so I must play along with this!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful cards!

Electra said...

Ooooo, your samples are always so stunning!
You have gotten my mojo going, I will be back for sure. (likely with more than one!)

helena said...

Every one of the cards depicts a crime that actually took place or a story told by one of the wise guys.

free ecards

Carol said...

Fabulous samples from you both and a great Tic Tac Toe board. Carol x

Planetsusie said...

Ooh you two have made gorgeous Christmas cards - really beautiful. Thank you for posting this challenge for us. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

Love the DT Creations!! Love Lauren's card.. Just beautiful!! Love the papers, the gems... that flake.. Its so beautiful!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fabulous challenge and lovely DT work for added inspiration! HUGS! :) Mynn xx