Friday, April 17, 2015

Joy to the EARTH

In honor of Earth Day, we're still making holiday cards which utilize re-cycled, re-used and up-cycled elements. Here's what we made this week:


Lorraine says, "I recycled the paper covering a box of Godiva chocolates I was given as a gift. The sparkles are embedded in the paper and have a holographic look. The two-toned gold bow was trimmed away from a Starbuck's gift card holder (another gift). The jeweled ribbon was something I snagged at Dollar Tree."


Stephanie says, "I found a stash of Green Stamp books at a local vintage store that I couldn't resist bringing home ... I shared some with Lauren, but have been hoarding my stash.  I thought Earth Day was the perfect opportunity to use some ... the green & red seemed perfect for a holiday card design.  I also incorporated a piece of corrugated packaging that I had saved for just such an occasion.  I finished with a Spellbinders large poinsettia on a bunch of paper scraps (hence the various shades of red) and a Hero Arts sentiment."


Lauren says, "I've got two recycled elements this time, but I'm not sure how "visible" they are... (certainly not as AWESOMELY so as those fab vintage green stamps!!!) ...I flattened a nice thin chipboard box which previously held band aids, covered it in strips of red patterned washi tapes, and diecut the result to make my funky poinsettia. I used a garage-sale-acquired heart shaped earring in place of brad by sliding it through all the layers and then getting my lovely husband to bend it flat. I've used the sketch and flowery elements of Kirsty's card to play along with the current City Crafter Challenge."

There's still plenty of time for you to join our re-cycling and up-cycling fun, and we surely hope you will!

No comments: