Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Recyclicious

Your recycled designs blew us away ... we're always amazed at how you repurpose your crafting saves into awesome new cards.  Here are a few of our Earth Day Favorites:



recycled book pages, product packaging, fabric, tulle ... and even disassembled a prior design team project to re-use those ferns ... fantastic!



always rocks this theme year-after-year ... this year she had three fantastic entries ... we loved how on this card she used tissue paper to create a pseudo-shaker card that looks like falling snow ... and that when she bought some defective gift bags, she saved them to turn them into something even more fabulous.



recycled the paper from the top of a chocolate box together with die cutting foam packing wrap ... what a cool effect.  She also hand-cut her own letters from a scrap of glitter paper and re-used a pretty little bow.

Check back at midnight for another prompt to keep those holiday cards coming.




3 comments:

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Thanks for the shout out and congrats to Lorraine & Julene. Love their clever use of all the fantastic materials.I always enjoy the recycling challenges. They really get me thinking about materials in a whole new way. I'm eager to see what the next challenge is, but I'll have to take a peek in the morning. It's been a long day and I really need to get some sleep.

Lorraine said...

Oh my, how did I miss this! Thank you for choosing my "recycle" card. It always feels so good to actually use some of the things I've saved from going in the trash because I knew they had more life in them. I love this challenge and all of the wonderful cards that were made for it.