Friday, April 25, 2014

All Bundled Up

As Spring is moving into high gear here in the northern hemisphere, we're bundling-up for Christmas at Jingle Belles ... which means we're asking you to make a card featuring three or more layers.  Maybe you like to layer your cardstock ... or your designer paper ... or both ... just make sure there are layers.

Here's how we layered-up this week.


Stephanie says, "I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch as the starting point for my layered design.  My card base is covered with cardstock ... next I layered on some beautiful Birch Tree Designer paper from BoBunny Woodland Winter before layering on cardstock banners & finishing with Hero Arts Merriest Christmas Wishes and a tiny banner sentiment on top."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I used the current Sweet Stop Sketch and gave each of my panels a skinny little mat in order to bring my layer total to *EIGHT* without adding too much bulk to the design. My only "lumpy" elements are a dimensional floral and a glittery chipboard sentiment, both of which will allow this card to fit in an ordinary envelope without too much trouble! Layers AND mail-ability? Big win, lol!"


And now it's time for you to break out YOUR favorite goodies and pile them onto your own lovely layery holiday cards! Link up before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, May 7th. Keyword for galleries and our Flickr group is JB:14:09.


5 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards, love the challenge too, I love layering! ~Diane

Darnell said...

Your challenge theme was perfectly timed for me this week! Thank you! I love card inspirations!! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

My card looks pretty CAS but there ARE 3 layers on it! Sorry I've been missing these challenges lately - and happy to play along this week!

Planetsusie said...

This is a lovely challenge, thank you so much for showing us the DT work for inspiration.

Lots of hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Rose said...

LOVE all the layers :)