Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Something Old ... Something New

For our first prompt of 2014, we're asking you to create a holiday card using something old AND something new! For example, combine an item (or two) you've had in your stash for some time with some of the goodies you received for Christmas, or something you've purchased recently. This should be a fun one, because we *KNOW* Santa was good to all of you lovely ♥JINGLE BELLES♥; and heck, we've all got plenty of stash, right?! :)

Here's what we created to start the New Year:


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I treated myself to some very nice pre-Christmas deals at Crafty Steals, which is where I got both the super-fun cardstock stickers and the elegant red velvet blossom. The focal image of my card (which, irl, is SUPER-sparkly!) is trimmed from a vintage holiday card in my stash. For bonus points, I've got that gorgeous doily, which is vintage... but was given to me by Stephanie as part of my lovely holiday gift, so of course I had to use it ASAP! My layout was inspired by this week's Super Sketchy Sunday sketch at 365 cards, though you can see it's a pretty loose interpretation!"



Stephanie says, "I received these fun little stickers for Christmas, so I combined them with a Unity Silent Night Stamp from my stash that has never seen ink.  I added a wrap of ribbon and some holly berries to finish.  The layout is from Sketch Saturday."

We're giving you a bit of extra time to get that first card done.  Link-up your card by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 15th.  The keyword for galleries and our Flickr Gallery is JB:14:01.


11 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards ladies! So happy to start another year playing along with Jingle Belles!

Marianne said...

Gorgeous cards. Looking forward to another year of fun inspiration ... and hopefully lots of playing along... Happy New Year!

Marianne said...

Love the new header btw. So pretty!

Barbara said...

The new Jingle Belles prompt - with this the new year has really started! I hope to get into my creative nook soon and participate in your great prompts throughout the year!

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for the challenge and for sharing the DT creations x

Nancy in Iowa said...

Love your Mission Statement! Love the name of your blog! Lovely cards!

Brenda said...

Lauren & Steph, thank you for your incredible positive comments re: my cards. As for the Crop-A-Dile that I used to create one of them...well...I think it has been out for a while. I've just been putting off purchasing it. I finally got involved in several projects that REQUIRED a stronger punch and I took the plunge. You both sounded so excited about the potential possibility of a new Crop-A-Dile that I had to assure you that it is only NEW to ME.

Rose said...

LOVE the new banner!!!! Lauren and Steph your cards are awesome (as always!)

Mynn xx said...

Thanks for the fab challenge, girls! Your cards are amazingly fabulous! HUGS! Mynn xx

Lorraine said...

These are all beautiful and I hope to play along again. Missed the cutoff by 6 mins. tonight. Oh well, I am enjoying all the pretty entries. Nice work ladies!

Anonymous said...

Oh Darn missed the deadline! on well! have to try again next time thehehhehee :0)

my card is here
http://penrithcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/happy-birthday-ashley-and-oh-yeah-happy.html