Friday, January 17, 2014

Have Yourself a Merry *LITTLE* Christmas

For our second prompt of 2014, we're going *little* ... specifically, we're asking you to create cards that feature Inchies (1 inch) or Twinchies (2 inch).

Traditionally, we think of inchies as squares, but you can use other shapes or perhaps even snowflakes or small embellishments.  You might contain your entire image within the *Inch* ... or perhaps break a single holiday image into smaller shapes ... just get creative and go LITTLE.

Here are our creations for this week:


Stephanie says, "My squares are actually 1 1/4" because I wanted a bit more of a frame around my pretty little Hero Arts Snowflake set I found at Michael's.  I decided to go non-traditional with my colors using navy, deep pink and metallic silver from the Sunday Stamps Challenge."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I opted for round twinchies, and layered each of my 2" circles with part of a clear pine bough border sticker, some music note deco tape, red berry rub-ons, and trimmed down dymo label sentiments, finishing off with small florals anchored with Jingle Belle (lol) brads. For the rest of the card I went quite monochromatic... with a pop of red... so the twinchies would be the stars of the show!"

So break out those tiny stamps and show us all of *little* ways you can get creative with your holiday designs.  Link-up your card by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 29th.  The keyword for galleries and our Flickr Gallery is JB:14:02.   


10 comments:

Lisa said...

Very creative challenge this week ladies! I can't wait to play along!

Lisa said...

mmm... brain working....

DYMO Support said...

Congrats for these lovely ideas! We are proud to see the original and creative usage you found for our embossing tape. ^CP

~amy~ said...

LOVE them both and a big woot woot for the Dymo comment!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, those are undoubtedly the most GORGEOUS twinchies in the history of EVER!!! Hopefully I can come up with something creative, too. As always, Steph, your card is simple perfection...

Donna said...

Fantastic inspiration cards!

MiliPea Designs said...

Oooh, very clever! I'm off to create! I'm determined to participate more weeks than not this year! :)

Lorraine said...

Great way to highlight that Hero Arts set and I love your non-traditional colors Steph. And those layered circles are simply superb! I've never seen labels look so darn pretty Lauren.

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards steph and lauren! and some very creative submissions from everyone else. thanks for a very challenging prompt.
linda

Shelley said...

Lots of great cards. Glad I took a peek!