Friday, August 9, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

We're still celebrating Home for the Holidays this week at Jingle Belles.

Here are our second round of cards made using this prompt.



Stephanie says, "I thought a brick wall would be a great starting point for a holiday card design.  I found some red velvet paper in my stash ... and the crushed velvet embossing produced a fantastic textural effect (not to mention the tiny big of white ink residue that was still on my folder from the last time I used it ... love those happy accidents).  I attached the velvet embossed paper using strong two sided tape adhered about 1/2 inch in from the edges, so the corners would curl slightly for a bit more dimension.  The finishing touch is a 3-D glittery gift tag I picked-up at the after Christmas sales last year ... a wonderful holiday centerpiece."




Lauren says, "I made this (slightly reduced) copy of one of my favorite vintage Christmas postcards last week, intending to use it then; but for some reason I couldn't quite make the design work. In the meantime, I had a little splurge on holiday goodies at Crafty Steals, and my new Studio Calico and October Afternoon papers saved the day! Don't you just ♥LOVE IT♥ when that happens?!"


Remember, link-up your Home for the Holidays cards by 6pm EST on Wednesday, August 14th.

No comments: