Friday, June 22, 2012

summer holiday!

we're still enjoying playing with HOT colors and fun summery motifs this week, so here is a little more inspiration for you. remember, you needn't make YOUR card all-out (or at all!) hawaiian!!! as always, we want you to make this prompt your own, whether that means putting santa on the beach, stringing xmas lights on a palm tree, adding a few hibiscus to your poinsettias, or even just spicing up your color palette with some "tropical" hues. be as bold or as subtle as you like!

Lauren's Other Card

Lauren says, "one of my favorite souvenirs from our trip to hawaii was a deck of hula girl playing cards which i bought specifically with the intention of using for papercrafts! i love the bright colors and fun graphic style and basically built the rest of my card to match, using both holiday products and regular stash... and this week's unscripted sketch #163."


Stephanie says, "Another friend of mine visited Hawaii recently, and last week she brought me these adorable holiday gingerbread people and beautiful tropical papers ... the timing couldn't have been more perfect.  I stamped the gingerbread on orange tropical paper and added blue pearls and a few flowers for embellishments.  The layout is June's Sketch for You to Try."

scroll down to the original post to link your own creation by wednesday, june 27th! ♥

2 comments:

June Houck said...

"Happy Hula Days"...I giggle every time I peek at this card. Lauren, you come up with the most witty sentiments and blog titles.

Stef, your color combo is delish and your sentiment stamp is a beautiful font! Your island gingerbread men are adorable too.

Sheri said...

I can't remember how I got here, but I'm glad I did! I have been looking for inspiration to make tropical Christmas cards (I live in Florida and dashing thru the snow just doesn't make it!). Thanks for the ideas!

Sheri