Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Hybrid Holidays

This week at Jingle Belles we're going digital. We'd like you to create a card incorporating at least one digital stamp or element in your card design.

To that end, we've got a fabulous sponsor for this week's prompt, Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps and More! Here are a few words from those lovely ladies:


"Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is proud to sponsor this challenge.

Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, was created and is owned by Robyn Weinrib. Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting addicts for every occasion.

At the end of this challenge, Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More will be happy to award one randomly selected Jingle Belles card-maker her choice of either 5 digital stamps or 4 digital stamps and 1 paper pack."


That's right--there's a prize! It doesn't get much better than that, right? Well, actually, it does: in addition, Robyn's Fetish is very generously offering all Jingle Belles who'd like it, a free digital stamp of... what else? ...a Christmas Bell (aka Jingle Bell) ...to use on your card this week. All you have to do is e-mail susan_paulson@verizon.net and request your free Jingle Belles Digital Image. We're thrilled they're offering this opportunity for everyone to try a digital stamp.


And we're also thrilled that the very talented Susan Paulson, (aka The Stampin' Kat) coordinator of the Robyn's Fetish Design Team, is guest designing with Jingle Belles this week.

Susan's Card featuring

Robyn's Fetish Digital also graciously provided Lauren & I with digital stamps that we used for our cards this week.

Stef's card featuring

Stef says, "My favorite technique to use with digital images is digital paper piecing (here's a link to my prior tutorial, which also links to Kristina's video tutorial ... and here's a link to another tutorial from Allison). I have quite a collection of digital papers, so I just paper-pieced my image together on the computer and printed out the finished colored project that is ready to go on a card. I just added an EAD Designs Stickerz sentiment to finish ... and the great thing about it is that once I've taken the time to do it, I can print out as many copies as I want."


Lauren's card featuring

Lauren says, "i paper-pieced too, but i went old school--with a new twist: i filled an 8.5 x 11" clear inkjet label from the office supply store with as many copies of my digi stamps as would fit... (about 3 trees & 5 or 6 of each present) ...then cut the images apart roughly and stuck them to the individual patterned papers i wanted to use, before cutting out neatly around each outline. this let me raid my "scraps" file and use up some teeeeeeeeny leftovers, while giving lots of variety of color and pattern to my design! admittedly it's more fussy-cutting involved than i'd be willing to do EVERY week, but i love how this card came out!"



So now it's your turn to go Hybrid ... or all-out-Digital if you're brave. We hope you'll take advantage of the free stamp in your design ... and take some time to browse through the other wonderful Digital Stamps at Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps... afterall, you'll need to be ready to choose your prize if you're the lucky winner! While you're exploring, you might like to also check out their blog, The Robyn's Nest where their rockin' design team shows off new designs, and hosts a weekly challenge of their own... often with "freebies" for the participants! This week's theme is "Anything Goes" so if you use the "Christmas Bell" stamp above and submit your card by tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon, you can link up in both places!

Inlinkz will be open until next Wednesday, September 21st at 6pm (EST). Keyword for galleries or our flickr group is JB38.





6 comments:

susan said...

Hi Ladies!
Thank you for the lovely introduction. Making your Guest Designer card was a pleasure for me and I appreciate your kind words. Your cards are terrific! You have made our images look wonderful with your paper piecing. I must look at those tutorials you listed for all of us.
Thanks again and I can't wait to see all of the submissions by all of you Jingle Belles out there!

Electra said...

Big thanks to Susan for this fun image and to the design team for such great inspiration! As soon as I saw the Christmas bell, I knew what I had to do with it!

Karen said...

Gorgeous DT projects! :o) Thank you for the wonderful challenge. I'm excited to be playing along here for the first time! :o)

Hugs and blessings! :o)

Candy said...

Another fabulous challenge!! So many great entries again this week and the DT have provided with such gorgeous inspirations!

Hazel said...

Oh dear! I meant to join in - I really did - and I got the lovely freebie image - I even printed and coloured it ready ... but time defeated me (we're going away today for a week) - I'm so sorry. x

NanaConnie said...

Ooops, my first time playing and I missed the deadline! :-( Wanted to share my card anyway and will do better next week.
http://mygrammysattic.blogspot.com/2011/09/christmas-birthday.html