Friday, May 27, 2011

We Three Kings ...

Okay, this week's title is a bit of a stretch ... but just like there were three kings ... we want to see three (or more) different pieces of patterned paper in your card design this week.

They can all be the same company ... even the same collection ... or you can totally mix-it up ... but we want to see three different patterned papers in your design.

And joining us for this week's prompt is a wonderful sponsor who specializes in fabulous designer papers ... Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker.


She has graciously donated a 6x6" pad of her Happy Holly-Days paper, as well as several 12" sheets including stickers and die cut shapes to one lucky participant this week.



We are also thrilled that the very talented Julie Tucker-Wolek is joining us as a Lovely Guest Star this week. Julie is a member of Nikki's Doghouse Diva's Design Team. She can also be found on her blog Life with the Tucker & Wolek Clan.


Julie says, "My card combines papers from three different lines from Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker ~ Beatrice, Happy Holly-Days, and North Pole Nights."




Lauren says, "i try not to leave my jingle belles card to the very last minute, but that's what happened this week. luckily i happened to see the current waltzingmouse sketch, which has to be the best EVER if you want to combine loads of different patterns. i've got *17* papers from 12 different companies on here, and nearly ALL of them were from my scrap box. i am absurdly proud of myself right now, lol!" :)



Stef says, "I used one paper from My Mind's Eye (the polka dot base) and three more from Echo Park's Wintertime Collection. The hot cocoa mug sticker is from Echo Park, and I added a pearl Flourish for some steam. The sketch is this week's CPS & sentiment is Penny Black.

Now it's time to see what you can put together with your patterned papers ... maybe you'll break into some new ones ... or maybe you'll go through your scraps and see what inspires you ... whatever you do, have FUN ... and make sure you incorporate three (or more) different patterned papers.

Use keyword JB22 if you upload to a gallery or the jingle belles flickr gallery ... links close at 6pm EST on Wednesday, June 1, 2011.






14 comments:

Lisa said...

Great challenge! These three cards are all gorgeous. The Waltzing Mouse design that Lauren used is adorable - want to copy that! And I love the idea of using bling for the coffee steam - want to copy this too. And the nutcrackers? Too sweet - into my copy file! I will enjoy this challenge as I have so many scraps that need using up. Love it.

June Houck said...

Wahoo! Nikki papers up for grabs? I love it. I was just drooling over her collections at my LSS on Sunday. Of course these delicious Christmas papers were not there :)

I gotta say these 3 cards are really beautiful. Julie, your holly leaves used to frame your card is so creative and wonderful. Lauren, I was inspired by that sketch last week, but never had a chance to use it…love your card! Stef, your cocoa mug with the swirly pearls has me craving cocoa…which is quite a compliment considering it is 90 degrees and super humid right now. I am really inspired this week. Thank you, Ladies!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE PAPERRRRRRR! And I love this challenge - almost makes up for that pink+purple+ballet theme last week. :):):):):)

And all 3 cards are gorgeous. Lauren - you may win that overachiever prize this week. :)

June - you went to Angela's without me?!?!?!?!? *weeps*

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Thanks sooooooooo much for having me ladies!! I truly appreciate it!! I loveeeeeeeee what you both created!!! And thanks for the comments on my card... I appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Judy Ford said...

All three cards are awesome!!! This will be a great challenge to use up the smaller pieces in my stash!!! You ladies ROCK!!!

but Lauren.... glitter????? ROTFLMBO!!!

Rose said...

ok lets see if i can comment this time! ;)
fab cards ladies :) got to play this week !!!

Clare Lloyd said...

great challenge and fab creations ladies as always. x

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi girls! I love everyone's cards! I'm glad I had the chance to get one done this week...I'll try to do better... :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Another lovely batch of cards ladies!!!!!!

Deanne :)

Beverly G said...

Wonderful cards-don't we love those scrap stashes ;-)
I think I've got 4 papers on here. Looking forward to next week, you gals always come up with something spectacular.

~amy~ said...

well, woot wootie woot woot for Julie!!!!! Gotta love that gal:):):)

You know that this challenge was just callin' my name!

Fabbie cards girls..lovin' all the patterns and colors!

Lorraine said...

You ladies are so inspiriing! What a trio of loveliness.

Janet said...

:( :(
I was too late this week

Janet

Lisa said...

I missed the cut off but I did manage to get a card done before you post the new challenge!

http://stampincraftinsnowohmy.blogspot.com/2011/06/jingle-belles-and-sos.html